Search This Blog

Wednesday, 2 October 2013

I Am Capable Of....

Every once in while, you just need someone to tell you in person what you are capable of. While I can sit behind my computer and project compliments to you all (which I honestly mean from the bottom of my heart), there's just something special about another person supporting you in person.

I will say that today, if you asked me how my day was on the whole, it was pretty good. But the one incredible thing about my day today was my English class. Now English is a class I always look forward to. I love writing and currently we're studying Pride and Prejudice, which if you're a hopeless romantic like me, you'll find is just sheer brilliance. Although I must also admit, one of my favourite things about my English class is my teacher. I won't publish her name due to privacy reasons, but she is such a fantastic person and teacher. I can honestly say that I don't think a) my writing has ever improved this much and b) I could ask for a better teacher. Besides being amazing, the thing I think is great is that she encourages everyone in my class. Today, she realised that most of us were doubting ourselves, so she made us write this:

(It says: I am capable of greatness in English. I will rise to the challenges. I am going to succeed.)


Seriously, how cute is she?! (sorry, really hoping I'm not on the verge of sounding creepy) That action today just made me think that believing in yourself is one of the most important things. What you think, you believe. So right now, you reading this, I demand that you write down the sentence in the picture (obviously change "English" to whatever you want to succeed in.) I already feel more confident in English just by re-reading it throughout the day.

This action that my teacher performed today is very admirable and just gave me that extra belief in myself that I needed. If I could, I would give the "Teacher of The Year Award" to her. I don't doubt that my whole English class would support me in this decision.
So my readers, enjoy all the little things and believe in yourself. I believe in you. Everyone has the potential to achieve greatness, it just depends on how you use your potential. And if you see one of your friends going through a difficult time, remind them of what they can do and how amazing they are. Tell them what you would want to be told if you were in their position.

I hope you enjoyed this post and you feel a little more inspired today!

♥ Jess ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment: