Search This Blog

Friday, 22 November 2013

Lessons To Be Learnt

Owning a blog is very rewarding but can also be quite time consuming. I mean this with love of course, but with anything that you really enjoy you can find yourself thinking about said object or activity regularly. It's very strange thinking constantly about ideas for this blog but all the same I love it because it lets me unleash some of my creative thoughts. So this past week, and pretty much ever since I started this blog, I've been thinking about all and any ideas that come to mind. Everything seems to inspire me in some way, shape or form, and it's very difficult to write down everything in time before I forget it. Nevertheless, I decided that this past week I have been reminded of important things to think about so I compiled it into this blog post today.

  • Take the high road - Let's say you don't quite get on with someone very well to say the least. While bitching about said person can be quite enjoyable, and let's face it - it's only human to bitch about someone - doing so can remind you of all the negative thoughts you have of them and make you more stressed out or annoyed in general. So take the high road and don't think about them if you can. Just think to yourself that whoever it is, isn't important in your life and is not someone you should waste your time thinking about.
 


  • Keep a steady head - It's been a bit of a tiresome/difficult week for me (which I will go into detail about in a couple of weeks) and it's important to clear your head in order to work better. Things are always better when you're calm and collected. I know people always, and I mean always, tell you to calm down when you're stressed but keeping a steady head doesn't make as many thoughts run through your mind, allowing you to focus on what's important.

  • Don't force anything - relationships, whether they may be friendships or dating-wise, shouldn't be forced. Firstly, the best relationships are never forced and when you force something there are no genuine feelings involved. And you don't want to waste your time on being fake, do you? Furthermore, when it comes to love and junk, as compatible as you might be for someone, if you don't feel those butterflies in your stomach or the spark of electricity when he/she catches your eye, you may want to think about whether or not it's worth you investing your feelings into. (Unless it's Andrew Garfield. In that case, he's always worth it.)

  • Take your time when making decisions - I don't mean you should spend 3 hours choosing what you want for lunch, but when it comes to important things to think about eg. friends, relationships, work etc. take your time because there's always the possibility that you could change your mind in the future.

  • Life will knock you down. Life sucks sometimes. And there's going to be moments where you get hurt even though you tried your hardest. People will say nasty things to you, you will get bad marks in work, but what's important is how you get yourself back up again. You can mellow in your despair for a while, but in the end, you need to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and bumble on through life. (Remember the rollercoaster I talked about here)

  • Love yourself for who you are. For example, I'm short (5 ft 1") and I actually love it. Sure it's quite annoying when I can never reach the top shelf of something and you do have to deal with the "short" jokes, but I fully embrace this about me. I love it. I never have to worry about finding a boyfriend shorter than me, I can fit into smaller spaces, I don't have to worry about clothes being too short and I can wear heels anytime I want. So always look on the bright side, because there is always one.
 



 
Side note: Here's a fun link relating to the best things about being short! http://www.gurl.com/2013/05/21/10-best-things-about-being-short-in-gifs/

  • Remember and treasure the important people - At the end of the day, these are the people who will be there for you the most and will help you get through some difficult times. I currently have three people (besides my mum) who I turn to the most, and I could not be more grateful to have them in my life.

So there you have it! Hopefully, it wasn't too much to take in, but maybe just keep these thoughts in the back of your mind over the weekend, or the  coming week. Maybe even in the forefront of your mind if you'd like!

 
♥ Jess ♥
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment: