Search This Blog

Monday, 16 December 2013

(Blogmas: Day 16) Confessions of a Shopaholic

Hi, my name is Jessica and I'm a shopaholic.
 

 
Okay, I'm not a shopaholic to the extent where I'm in debt (yet) but I always seem to be thinking about buying something new. I know, I know how bad of me when I should be thinking of others and studying, but shopping is just so much fun. I think that's why I relate to both the book and movie of "Confessions of a Shopaholic."
 
There's a line in the film (I can't quite remember if it's in the books or not) where the main character, Rebecca says the line:
 
 
 
And for me, in my little world, it does. I just find I forget all my worries and having something new makes me happy. There's something about getting something clean, with the wrapper still on that makes me buzz with excitement and after that everything seems so much better. I guess that's why they call it retail therapy. Well at least I'm getting something I can wear/watch in my therapy session.

 
 
 
The book series is by far one of my favourite holiday reads. And the film is just amazing and the perfect girly movie. It's one of my most favourite movies - it basically has everything! A love story, humour, fashion, adorable characters and the part where the main character rises above all the challenges. So well done to my homegirl, Sophie Kinsella. You did a fab job, honey.
 
Side note: The movie has Isla Fisher (score!) who is one of the cutest people I've seen on Film and Hugh Dancy (um...hello? Have you seen his face? *swoons*)
 
But in a while, transfer what you know from Confessions of a Shopaholic to life. What I mean by this is, there's always something that makes you feel a little better. Whether that may be drawing, reading, singing, screaming or doing a little retail therapy, if you're having a dull day, go do that activity. (As long as it's legal, mind you.)
 
Smile and Be Your Own Sunshine. It'll be worth it - I promise.
 
♥ Jess ♥
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment: