Search This Blog

Thursday, 19 December 2013

(Blogmas: Day 19) Make Someone's Day

Blogmas Day 19??? What? How has time flown so quickly? 6 more days till the big one! Hope you've all bought your presents for your friends and family!

I had a really lovely day today. I went shopping for presents, bought a few sneaky things for myself, had some delicious lunch and got my hair trimmed. It was really so nice as I hadn't done that for a while. It's nice to break out the old routine every now and again. But even though I had such a fantastic day, there was one moment in particular that just made my day. (If you'll pardon the overused expression which I am about to use many times in this post.)

You'll probably know those cute markets that sell fruits and veg that are notorious for those large men shouting, "3 CABBAGES FOR A POUND!" or "GET YOUR SPROUTS, CARROTS, TOMATOES, POTATOES FOR 30% LESS! QUICKLY BUY 'EM WHILE THEY'RE HOT" (which actually doesn't really make sense.) or even "1 POUND FISH! VERY, VERY GOOD! ONE POUND FISH! VERY, VERY CHEAP! ONE POUND FISH!" If you didn't understand that last bit, here's a clip that you might have seen floating around YouTube. (start it at 15 seconds in.)

 
So I hope you enjoyed that clip :)
Right focus, have to get back to the actual point of this post.

I walked through one of these cute little markets earlier and there was a man yelling about some sort of produce he had and suddenly we just looked at each other and smiled. It was one of the nicest moments. But we were both so happy in those 2 seconds we held eye contact. Just sweet, innocent friendliness between two random people. And that really made my day. To see people like that who were comfortable with being friendly to those they didn't know was really nice to see.

Because to be frank, how often do you actually smile at people in the street? You pass by thousands of people a day yet you don't have any connection to them or any interaction. And this random person I saw today, reminded me to be more friendly to others and to not be afraid of talking to new people. That being said, don't go following people into their vans or anything.

All I'm asking is that tomorrow, if you make awkward eye contact with someone (which I am fantastic at, if I do say so myself) smile at them. It'll make their day and it will make your day, knowing that you made theirs.

 
♥ Jess ♥
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment: