Search This Blog

Saturday, 21 December 2013

(Blogmas: Day 21) Tumblr

 
4 more sleeps to go,
4 more sleeps 'til Santa,
4 more sleeps 'til the big fat fella
comes down your chimney,
and brings you presents
and drinks your beer,
4 more sleeps 'til Santa!
(Copyright: Heart Radio)
 
Hello there! Nice to see you again, but I'm going to stop you right there. You can keep reading if you want, but in order to really appreciate this post, I'm advising you to wait until you're about  to go to bed or it's night-time wherever you are. Set a reminder for yourself on your phone and please just hold off until it's night time for you. I'll wait. See you back in a few hours!

Okay, so I'm assuming that you're still reading because it's night time wherever you are. Either that, or you're being incredibly naughty and not listening to me. The reason I asked you to read this in the night is because Tumblr just seems so much more special the later it is. There's a reason that people always talk about going on Tumblr at 3 or 4 in the morning and why the phrase "late night feels" circulates the internet so much. It's because the later it becomes, the more tired and honest we are with ourselves and with everyone else. Therefore, when you're more 'in the mood' you can really appreciate the things I'm about to share with you.

There's something not a lot of people know about me which is that I'm obsessed with Tumblr. It's my guilty pleasure. There's something so special about it. I think the main reason I love it so much is that everyone turns to Tumblr for the same reasons. They're either looking for some inspiration, upset or in a very 'deep' mood. And the great thing about that is that everyone on Tumblr ends up being honest and open. Because there's no fear of judgement there. Everyone is reposts or blogs their real feelings that people can relate to. And these people might not necessarily have been able to say those things themselves so hearing someone else with the same thoughts and opinions can be quite comforting to hear.  And essentially it is quite anonymous - people don't know your full name, school, family etc. so it's getting to know someone the right way. By their thoughts and interests and feelings - not just on whether they're pretty or not. I could go on, but I'll save you the rambling for today.

So onto my obsession. I've decided to share a small sample of my favourite Tumblr pictures with you all. These are just some pictures I've saved from Tumblr and put on my laptop which in a way is quite nice because then it's my own personal Tumblr. In no way am I being sponsored by the website (although if anyone reading this works for Tumblr, feel free to offer me any freebies/a job.) I just have loved the whole community and website for a long time and I just really, really recommend it. Scroll through them slowly and take the time to really look at each picture. Enjoy my lovelies and have a night filled with beautiful dreams! :)


 
 

 

 


 







 

 

















 

 
 


 

 

 




 






 

 

 ♥ Jess ♥
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment: