Search This Blog

Monday, 23 December 2013

(Blogmas: Day 22) I Have Nothing To Wear

3 more sleeps to go,
3 more sleeps 'til Santa,
3 more sleeps 'til the big fat fella
comes down your chimney,
and brings you presents
and drinks your beer,
3 more sleeps 'til Santa!
(Copyright: Heart Radio)
 
 
Can you believe it?! 3 More days until Christmas!! Hope you all are enjoying your holidays and are definitely more well-rested than before.
 
So it's Christmas soon, which means that it's Christmas party season. And after that it's New Year's, and after that Chinese New Year, and after that my birthday and after that Valentine's Day etc. This probably means that you go delving into your closet more frequently to see what you could possibly wear for any party. And it can't just be ANYTHING. It has to be comfortable and flattering and something no one else has and festive-y and gorgeous and ,most importantly, it has to scream you. And something like that isn't always easy to find.
 
Even if you're going to be chillin' and relaxin' (and shootin' some B-ball outside of the school...anyone know where that's from?) this holiday, it's fundamental that you have that something special for whatever occasion you might have. Right? Okay, that might just be my inner shopaholic talking, but still it's always best to be prepared. Which brings me to the age-old saying amongst us girls which is: I have nothing to wear.
 
I mean it's not as if this happens:
 
 
In reality it's more like this:
 
Which brings me onto my next point. Why do we always have our closets packed full of clothes yet we always say to ourselves, "I have nothing to wear."? I don't understand it and I am one of the guiltiest of this terrible act. So while I was doing some "winter cleaning", as I like to call it, I realised that there's no point in keeping clothes you're not going to wear. Yes keep that sparkly dress for the party, but after that think to yourself - "Am I ever going to wear it again?" Because instead of buying a new dress for every event, consider borrowing a friend's dress or even buy just a simple dress and re-vamp it for whatever party you need to attend. Instead of thinking, I have nothing to wear, try creating some ways you can wear that same piece a different way.
 
For example, with an LBD (Little Black Dress), you could style it these ways:
  • Flower Power (e.g. shirts, bracelets, rings, jackets etc.)
  • Metallics (over the summer silver shoes and silver bags were everywhere and actually look really cool with LBDs)
  • Keep it classy (add a high bun and a nice pearl necklace.)
  • Wear it as a skirt by adding a shirt over the top
  • Wear it as a top with maybe a skater skirt in a different colour
  • Pops of Colour (adding bright accessories to a neutral outfit is perfect for jazzing up a boring outfit.)
  • Wear a T-Shirt inside (go for white for a monochromatic look or use a bright coloured T-shirt instead. You can also alternate between long-sleeved tops, short sleeved, 3/4 sleeved, fancy sleeved, cap sleeved etc...)
  • Rock it with a leather jacket and combat boots for a tough girl look 
  • Change up your hair or shoes - mixing and matching with these two creates a really interesting ensemble
There's obviously TONS more ways you can style an LBD but I just wanted to show you a few to let you know that there's always more than one way to style a piece of clothing to make the most of your closet. Maybe then we can avoid that horrid feeling of your heart sinking every time you think "S*#%. I have nothing to wear."    
 
Side note: I feel so weird after writing this - a bit like a beauty/fashion blogger! Heehee :)
 
 ♥ Jess ♥
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment: