Search This Blog

Tuesday, 3 December 2013

(Blogmas: Day 3) If I Had All The Money In The World

People say that money can't buy happiness. And I guess to an extent it's true. Well, actually I'm not sure but Macaulay Culkin in 'Richie Rich' certainly made that point clear to me. (It's a great movie too, if anyone's interested.)

Money is a difficult topic to talk about, partially because it can be quite a touchy subject. And to a certain degree, money can provide you with some form of happiness. 99 pennies can buy you a cheeseburger or a medium fries from McDonalds, £3.75 can get you a copy of a nice, glossy fashion magazine, £10 can get you a nice T-shirt from Primark and £15 can even get you a thick, cosy cable knit jumper. (Although the quality of it would be somewhat questionable - a decent one is at least 30 pounds.) Wouldn't it be nice if you never had to worry about money? If you never had to think before purchasing that dress or that book?


Yes, I could be happy with that cheeseburger, but after eating it you might feel bloated, and to be frank, quite fatty and sluggish. But I was happy while I was eating it → happiness with money is temporary?



All (un)related food subjects aside, imagine how easy life would be if you never had to worry about money. In a way money is great. It can get you presents for family/friends, get you something to eat, help you get into those really annoying toilets in central London where you have to pay a pound to use the toilet. Which by the way, I kind of hate. I mean what if I really, really have to use the loo and I don't have a pound with me? What, am I just supposed to do my business on side of the road?

But while money can get you all of this stuff, think about how much money hinders us. The perfect example is jobs. I was discussing this with one of my friends the other day and we asked each other, "If you had all the money in the world, what would you do as your job?"

Now it kind of pained me to talk about my future in this way. I do wish I was one of those people who didn't let money get in the way of their dreams, but realistically I guess I want something reliable and stable to fall back on, in case my dream doesn't exactly pan out the way I planned. Sure, it'd be great to be one of those fearless people who can conquer anything, but for now I'm not quite there yet.  I'll let you know when I'm ready to be that person.

I'm definitely going to try and be that person who will be victorious in the end, but just to be safe I think it's wise to always have a back up plan. Even so my back up plan isn't even that secure. But for now, let's pretend that money is no obstacle. I mean after all, when you say something enough times, you start to believe it, right?

Say it with me: No obstacle can stop me. No obstacle can stop me. No obstacle can stop me....




Still, it's fun to think what job you would have if you had all the money in the world.  Actually, to be honest, I probably wouldn't want to have a job if I was financially secure. I'd probably spend my days lounging around in my pool made of gold and blowing my nose with 50 pound notes.


 
Blogmas Day 3 complete!
♥ Jess ♥
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment: