Search This Blog

Wednesday, 4 December 2013

(Blogmas: Day 4) Be Your Own Sunshine

Sunshine? In winter? What is this crazy talk? Have no fear, (and don't send me to the mental hospital just yet) I shall explain everything in due course. Like I mentioned in my Blogmas: Day 1 post, the atmosphere around Christmas is electric. It doesn't matter how old you are, you'll always know the words to "All I want for Christmas" and "Do they know it's Christmas?".

During my last lesson of the day, my chemistry teacher played a few Christmas songs which naturally resulted in a deafening, loud  and off-key sing-along. (The majority of the off-key-ness was mostly me.) And it just made everyone so incredibly happy.  Everyone was laughing and for those 15 or 20 minutes, everyone forgot their problems and just sang. So that inspired me with today's post.

I know that you can't always have good days. And you need to have bad days to help you appreciate the good. But it's possible to limit the amount of bad days to its minimum in order to be happier. So from now until the end of Blogmas, try and have more good days.

Surround yourself with positive people (or balcony people as I like to call them) and try to be more optimistic. Try and take the high road with every obstacle and every disagreement. Focus on what you want to achieve.


And if maybe you absolutely hate everyone and people don't make you happy at all, be your own sunshine. What I mean by this is, enjoy your own company. It's not sad or lonely if you like to be alone sometimes. It's healthy and it's good for you. Think about the good in your life,  watch funny videos, belt out some Christmas songs and yell at the top of your lungs. . Right now, if no one else makes you laugh, don't sit around waiting for that someone to come along. Do a positive activity or something you enjoy. Make yourself happy. Be your own ray of sunshine.

 
Most importantly, laugh.  Really laugh. Laugh so hard tears fall from your eyes and you can hardly form works apart from various weird squeaks and gasps of air. Because laughter really is the best medicine. And laughing just makes everything better.


 
♥ Jess ♥
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment: