Search This Blog

Thursday, 2 January 2014

January 2nd: Stop Hitting The Snooze

 
Hi all! Hope you all had a good first day of 2014 and you stuck to your resolutions (or attempted to). I know lots of people (including me) who are trying to eat a bit healthier and it's really nice when you find someone working along side you to achieve the same goals.

One thing I didn't mention in my resolutions is to stop hitting the snooze. Now I don't mean this as in just snooze button when your alarm goes off, I mean in general activities in life. You're probably a bit confused now. Well, have no fear, all shall be made clear by the end of this post!

We all have those mornings where you're so exhausted no matter how many times your alarm goes off you just can't get out of bed. You keep hitting the snooze button over and over again. It rings and you hit the snooze. And another time and you hit the snooze. Ring, snooze. Ring, snooze. The cycle repeats itself, until you eventually realise, "Shit. I have got 5 minutes to get ready. Oh bloody hell." Cue mad rushing, un-brushed hair and teeth, a makeup less face and a dirty shirt hung haphazardly on one shoulder. And because you had only 5 minutes to get ready, naturally you forgot to bring in some pieces of work and you got into a lot of trouble from your teachers/boss. Now why did that happen? Because you hit the snooze so much.



By hitting the snooze, you decreased the amount of time to do work (in this case, getting ready) thus resulting in negative consequences (you were late/you looked awful/you forgot your work/you got into trouble). And the same can be applied to doing homework or general chores. If you spend your nights going, "Oh I can watch 17 episodes of How I Met Your Mother now, I'll just do my work later," or "I'll just sit here on the floor not really doing anything because I don't feel like doing my work now," you will end up with bad results. You might get away with it once or twice, but in the long run, if it becomes a habit, you'll end up not achieving anything you set out to achieve and not receiving the results that you originally deserved. And as it is the start of the year, we should probably all try to avoid bad habits.

 
So I'm saying now: stop hitting the snooze on everything. When you hear that alarm, get up. When you drop that piece of paper, pick it up. When you don't feel like doing your work, do it now.If you don't want to do it now, you're not going to want to do it later so you may as well get it over with.

 
The reason why I didn't put it in my resolutions is because although it is something I want to improve on, I think it's more important to look at it as a general life guideline to remember.

Well there you have it! Tomorrow, when your alarm goes off in the morning, I want you to try and not hit the snooze. Sit up, breathe deeply, count to 10, rub your face and get up slowly. I promise it will be the best thing you can do in the morning.

 
"The best way to make your dreams happen is to wake up."
 
♥ Jess ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment: