Search This Blog

Friday, 3 June 2016

Gratitude

So, it's exam time which inevitably means...PROCRASTINATION!!! And obviously means a nice YouTube binge. Whilst I was on said binge today, I came across a slightly old video, but nonetheless a really powerful video. Take a look: 



There's one thing I think we can ALL take from this video, no matter your social position, financial status, gender, sexuality, race etc. and that is: GRATITUDE

Thousands of people everyday are in Eric's position, and unfortunately there may be thousands more tomorrow. This video shows the difficult struggles people like Eric have faced and are facing, and the reality of our situation versus that of a homeless person. I'm lucky that I have parents, a warm bed, food and an education. I'm even more lucky for the non-essential things like coffee (although that's debatable), a cell phone, makeup, a camera etc. 

Watching that video made me appreciate my opportunities even more as not every body is able to lead a comfortable life, and hopefully, one day I'll be able to help people like Eric in more significant ways.  It's easy to get caught up in our lives and the struggles we have, which no doubt are important to us. But doing so makes us forget about the people who have it much worse. 

And so, use Eric and Rahat (the man who made the video) as your examples today: appreciate what you have and who you have in your life. Help and be kind to others. 1000 dollars is a lot of money, particularly for someone without a home, and his generosity and offer to share the money is a touching act of kindness.

NB. For those of you new to Eric's story, he now has a home thanks to public donations, a job and has even helped other homeless people too! 


I hope you feel a little more inspired today, my lovely readers. With much love and gratitude,
♥ Jess ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment: